Free Study In China Chinese Government Scholarship
“Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program” of Zhejiang University 2020
Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
I. Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarship
1. Coverage of the scholarship:
– Tuition waiver;
– Free accommodation on campus;
– Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Note: For more detailed information, please view web page of Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships at website of CSC .
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship.
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency have not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning (refer to section III below), they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
II. When and How to Apply
Application deadline: March 31st 2020
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer to section V below) to the Office of Admissions (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, by post or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
Please note the winter break is from January 18th 2020 to February 20th 2020, Application materials received during the above-mentioned time period will be processed after the beginning of the new semester.
Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
III. Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2. Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
3. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have master’s degree.
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor’s degree. （Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the ARWU ranking or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.）
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
6. Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
7. Language proficiency requirements:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).